- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan is seeking a highly motivated lawyer to join us in supporting the U.S. Private Bank business.
About the Private Bank: With more than 160 years of experience, JPMorgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face on their balance sheets by leveraging the Private Bank’s products and solutions. The Private Bank is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing legal advice and support to the U.S. Private Bank’s client-facing teams, including client relationship managers, client service teams and business management.
- Advising on a wide range of legal issues related to brokerage transactions and client relationships, including non-standard client requests, new business initiatives and complex account and documentation and servicing issues.
- Advising on a wide range of legal issues related to the U.S. Private Bank’s custody and deposits platforms
- Providing legal support to the business, compliance, supervisory management teams responsible for responding to non-routine customer complaints.
- Liaising with subject matters experts regarding client and account issues related to credit, derivatives, brokerage, investment management products and trusts and estates services.
- Engage and supervise external counsel where outside expertise is warranted.
- Coordinate as needed with members of other divisions of JPMorgan.
Location: New York
- JD Degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant law firm, financial institution or comparable experience.
- Knowledge of legal issues related to private banking and/or consumer banking required; a familiarity with wealth management issues preferred.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of issues in an organized and prioritized manner.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and escalate appropriately.
- Ability to be a proactive, dynamic member of a team.
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans