We are a rapidly growing technology company headquartered in Las Vegas focused on data custody, data privacy, and blockchain solutions. Take a look at our company page to learn more about us.
We are seeking a dynamic in-house counsel with transactional and/or litigation experience to join our legal team in a fast-paced technological environment. The position will serve under the company’s General Counsel. This opportunity is for a very highly motivated individual who is seeking new challenges and exposure to an entire range of corporate legal work. We offer an opportunity for the ambitious and enterprising individual who is seeking to grow in the legal field.
You should be results driven and won’t allow obstacles to deflect or deter you. You are aggressive in your advocacy, able to work independently, and are a team player. An ideal candidate will be able to dive in and master legal issues and tasks they have not encountered before.
- Report to, communicate with, and advise, the company’s CEO, President, and General Counsel.
- Craft, negotiate and manage agreements with customers, vendors and business partners.
- Draft litigation documents, including pleadings, discovery, and motions.
- Conduct legal research on various business matters.
- Become a student of the legal issues surrounding blockchain and cryptocurrency to provide advice on the same.
- Participate in various legal matters pertaining to business transactions.
- Work closely with various functional departments to manage, maintain and update policies related to the company’s business and worldwide operations.
- Must live in Las Vegas area or be willing to relocate.
- Experience in all areas of responsibility is less important than someone who has demonstrable skills in at least some areas and a proven track record of picking up new subjects quickly and using legal skills to help a small business grow.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to and in good standing with the bar of any state; eligible to be admitted as in-house counsel in Nevada if not licensed in Nevada.
- Experience and knowledge in any of the following areas preferred: litigation, arbitration, financial regulatory issues, cryptocurrency/blockchain, mergers and acquisitions, contract drafting and negotiations, software licensing, labor and employment, international law, and corporate governance.
- The ability to simultaneously juggle different assignments and work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Creative problem-solving skills, positive attitude, high motivation level and a passion for helping to grow a business.
- Ability to quickly understand technology concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; high energy level, driven and extremely competitive with a stable work history a must.
- Only applicants that have provided salary expectations and a cover letter will be considered
- Unfortunately, we can not consider foreign applicants with practical training visas
To apply please send us your resume, cover letter, and expected salary. Applicants that do not live in Las Vegas must also explain whether they are planning to move to Las Vegas and/or why they would be willing to.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Las Vegas, NV (Preferred)
- What are your annual salary expectations for this role?
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place