WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
Talend is seeking a bright, energetic, business-minded and self-motivated attorney with at least 2 years of applicable experience supporting commercial transactions at a technology or internet company to join its legal team as Associate Commercial Counsel.
The Associate Commercial Counsel will be the primary legal point of contact for global vendor contracts as well as supporting customer transactions and report to the Managing Commercial Counsel based in the US. The successful candidate will be able to effectively collaborate with Talend’s various internal teams and external clients, which may include sales, channels, partners, product, business development, finance, and IT. The Associate Commercial Counsel will work cross-functionally to
- Work closely with Talend’s procurement council and business teams to draft and negotiate inbound transactions with technology and other vendors, including commercial leases, marketing and sponsorship agreements and policies, work for hire and business application contracts
- Support the development of vendor contract templates, participate in and develop training on the use of such templates, and update templates to reflect changes in Talend policies and best practices
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements and orders with customers purchasing Talend products and services
- Balance legal risks against real-world business imperatives to provide pragmatic and market-based solutions
- Provide coverage for other commercial legal team members as needed
- JD from an ABA accredited law school and license to practice law
- 2+ years of relevant technology transactions and/or procurement experience, with a focus on drafting and negotiating licensing and technology transaction agreements and related professional services contracts.
- Passionate about technology and energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic growth company in a cutting-edge sector
- Able to engage effectively with all levels of employees and management, and external clients
- Has excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Has a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise and commercial advice and creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs.
- Strong and astute negotiator with impeccable judgment
- Team player who brings a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the global legal team and with internal and external clients
- Able to manage multiples workloads, client demands and shifting priorities simultaneously within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Public Sector experience helpful, but not required
- Fluent in one or more languages in addition to English
- Experience with one or more of the following: open source licensing; implementing open source policies; data privacy regulations and related agreements; global, international, and transnational contracts
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- “2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For” by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.