We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Interscope Geffen A&M Records is currently seeking an Attorney to join our Business & Legal Affairs team. This position is responsible for a heavy transaction flow in connection with the negotiating and drafting of various entertainment-related agreements with third parties, rights clearances and rendering legal advice with respect to the acquisition of content and the marketing and exploitation of recorded music product.
How You’ll CREATE:
- Initiate, structure, negotiate and draft agreements for all facets of the label’s operations including artist recording agreements, joint ventures, license agreements, strategic marketing, and direct-to-consumer arrangements
- Agreements for contests and sweepstakes, producer agreements, endorsement and sponsorship agreements, motion picture and television soundtracks, video production agreements, and many other entertainment-related agreements.
- Advise members of senior management with respect to various business and legal matters including copyright and trademark laws, contractual rights and obligations, legal claims and clearances, dispute resolution, corporate compliance matters, and recording budget administration.
- Manage critical external relationship with key representatives of a recording artist’s team.
Bring your VIBE:
- BA/BS degree, JD, and member in good standing of the California state bar or California registered in-house counsel).
- 3-5 years of experience practicing music law preferred. Strong law firm or in-house experience/training required.
- Proven, in-depth knowledge of agreements relating to the creation, distribution, sale, marketing and financing of recorded music and video product is a requirement.
- Must be adept at drafting and negotiating recorded content acquisition, marketing,
- and exploitation agreements.
- Knowledge of record label issues.
- Strong customer/client service skills a must.
- Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen.
- Must be able to work under time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
- Computer experience: Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and with a desire to work in a team environment.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Must be willing to work extended hours.
- Must be self-directed and well organized.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer : This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.