The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the following areas:
- 4+ years prior experience in relevant practice, either in a large firm setting or in-house at a bank or payments company, or some reasonable functional equivalent industry knowledge and expertise.
- Substantive, direct and hands-on experience in applying regulatory compliance requirements to innovative financial services products offered by banks and non-banks, such as by developing terms and conditions and/or consumer disclosures, or negotiating bank-fintech partnership agreements and bank-key vendor agreements relative to such products.
- Payments-specific expertise and experience (e.g., NACHA, Card Rule) and experience with drafting and negotiating service provider agreements in support of financial services, including bank-sponsorship (program manager and ISO, PayFac) agreements as well as processor agreements preferred
- Experience with licensing and registrationrequirements applicable to financial services businesses, including MSBs, moneytransmitters, non-depository trust companies, consumer and commercial lenders,debt collectors, and other, similar frameworks. Experience prosecutingsuch licenses preferred
Enforcement defense experience with regard to state or federal regulatory agencies preferred
- Project management experience
- Focus on client service and productivity
At Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we believe people perform at their best when they can truly be themselves at work. We aim to create an inclusive environment where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. In order to provide the best possible service to our diverse client base, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, rewarding and developing our people with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, political belief, disability or any other protected characteristic.
- Mansfield Certified Plus firm for 2020
* Signee to the United Nations’ Global LGBTQ* Standard of Conduct for Business
- Named by Stonewall as a “Top Global Employer 2020”
- Received the Women in Law Empowerment Forum “WILEF” Gold Standard Certification for 2020
Qualified candidates please submit your email address above and complete the online application process. You will be asked to upload your cover letter, resume and transcript in PDF format.