The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to negotiate and close large, complex commercial transactions and an ability to work effectively and collegially with a small legal team, outside counsel, and a variety of senior-level administrators.
- Demonstrated strong client-service perspective, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a keen understanding of the higher education operating environment, deal-making and project management skills, business judgment, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to juggle shifting priorities and multiple, demanding projects.
- Detail-oriented with organizational proficiency and excellent follow through.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Direct experience in real property transactions.
- Working knowledge of tax law.
- At least three (3) years’ experience representing large institutional clients (preferably institutions of higher education and/or other non-profits) and/or real estate developers in complex business and/or real estate transactions is preferred. Additional experience representing commercial real estate lenders or structuring public-private partnerships is a plus.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.