Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, a top Am Law 100 firm, is seeking a highly motivated, well-qualified mid-level associate (three to five years of experience) to join its nationally recognized M&A and Corporate Finance practice focusing on private equity transactions and M&A in its Kansas City office. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Sophisticated law firm experience on complex corporate or finance matters with an emphasis on middle market private target M&A and private equity transactions.
- Managing complex M&A projects and time lines, interacting with clients, corporate deal teams, subject matter experts and junior resources.
- Drafting and negotiating merger, equity purchase and asset purchase agreements and ancillary agreements and documentation.
- Managing and summarizing legal due diligence in M&A transactions including preparing initial documents, conducting diligence calls and supervising junior attorneys performing due diligence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, superior analytical skills and the ability to manage client engagements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple priorities and assume a high degree of responsibility.
The corporate group has an excellent culture with opportunity to work on complex transactions in tightly knit teams for clients ranging from closely-held family businesses to sophisticated serial acquirers. Successful candidates will enjoy a fast-paced environment surrounded by teammates with client-focused attitudes and the opportunity to work with clients across the country.
BCLP is a global law firm with 31 offices in 11 countries, and a platform of 1,400 lawyers, placing us among the largest in the world. We are known for our relationship-driven, collaborative culture, diverse legal experience, and industry-shaping innovation and offer clients one of the most active M&A, real estate, financial services, litigation and corporate risk practices in the world.
BCLP offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, life insurance, and retirement plans. We also provide eligible employees flexible time off plans including paid Parental leave, Paid Time Off (PTO), and paid holidays.
Learn more about our Kansas City
At BCLP we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we believe people perform at their best when they can truly be themselves at work. We aim to create an inclusive environment where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to be themselves. In order to provide the best possible service to our diverse client base, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, rewarding and developing our people with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, political belief, disability or any other protected characteristic.
- Mansfield Certified Plus firm for 2020
- Named by Stonewall as a “Top Global Employer 2020”
- Received the Women in Law Empowerment Forum “WILEF” Gold Standard Certification for 2020
Qualified candidates please submit your email address above and complete the online application process. You will be asked to upload your cover letter, resume, and transcript in PDF format.