As an attorney in our growing real estate practice, you will be responsible for monitoring and taking part in the loan closing process of commercial and residential properties and conducting real estate closings with clients and realtors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Prepare, review and comment upon real estate documents in line with firm policy and legal best practices
- Review documents such as purchase and sale agreements, closing documents, easements, declarations, settlement agreements and termination agreements
- Review and certify title opinions and surveys and resolve title problems
- Communicate with Clients, Brokers, Lenders, Vendors, Processors etc
- Conduct closings
- Ethics & Integrity
- Productivity and Hard Work
- Effective Communication
- Commitment to Excellence
- Knowledge & Skills
- Positive Interpersonal Relationships
- 0-2 years of experience in the practice of real estate law
- J.D. from an accredited law school and active license to practice law in state of employment
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex legal and business documents.
- High level of reasoning ability and even temperament
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in the practice of real estate law
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files (up to 15 lbs), open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Hutchens Law Firm is committed to equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.