Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We employ experts from top programs at over 500 universities, as well as technical specialists from a variety of industries. At Exponent, we look to hire intelligent and driven people who want to make an impact and grow their careers within a dynamic consulting firm. You will work together with our consultants to provide outstanding service to our clients and to achieve our vision as a pre-eminent engineering and scientific consulting firm. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
Exponent has an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Attorney to support its core scientific and engineering consulting business and internal project teams in contracting with Exponent’s clients and subcontractors. You must be proficient in the preparation, analysis, response and negotiation of legal, regulatory and financial aspects of commercial, including government, contracts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing, revising, drafting and negotiating, a variety of commercial and legal documents, including MSAs, professional services agreements, subcontracts, vendor contracts, NDAs, protective orders to ensure the terms are in accordance with Exponent’s corporate risk guidelines and other duties as needed
- Assessing and mitigating legal, reputational, and business risks associated with consulting projects as it relates to the client, contracting vehicle, price, and services and flag for internal clients
- Communicating effectively with the legal team and individuals in the practice groups you support
- Collaborating with the legal team to resolve issues related to third party risks and liabilities, financial, legal and regulatory exposures, etc.
- Working with Exponent’s insurance brokers to ensure the agreement terms align with Exponent’s insurance policy language and request certificates of insurance for projects, as needed
- Providing support to other legal team members as needed
- Interfacing with outside counsel on a variety of matters including protective orders, subpoenas and other discovery, as needed
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- JD degree/Current membership in the Washington State Bar Association or eligibility to become a registered in-house counsel in Washington State
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in the research, preparation, analysis, response and negotiation of the legal, regulatory and financial aspects of commercial contracts
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment with executives, senior management and project managers, where critical and very tight deadlines are common
- Must be able to identify legal and business risks, advise business/project teams, and draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts directly with clients, including professional/consulting services, litigation consulting, vendor services, procurement, licensing, and confidentiality agreements
- Must be able to develop and maintain excellent internal/external client relations
- Must be able to work independently and be analytical, assertive, creative and have effective problem-solving skills
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills with Microsoft suite products, Adobe, and ability to learn Exponent’s internal business programs
- Previous experience with professional services firm preferred
- A commitment to client-service and finding solutions
- Strong business acumen and ability to assess and mitigate legal, reputational, and business risks
- Ability to gain trust at and work at all levels of the organization
- A desire to work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize workload, self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet business deadlines
- Willingness to adapt to evolving business and legal environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
The successful candidate will be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, innovations, and scientific and engineering matters, and demonstrate sound judgment.
Please visit the following link to learn how Exponent and our staff are making an impact: https://info.exponent.com/our-impact
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.