In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll is looking for a Corporate Counsel to provide legal support to our business in North America.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Provide commercial legal advice and support to Kroll’s Valuation Advisory Services (VAS) practice, primarily in North America.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a range of commercial contracts for the VAS practice, e.g., confidentiality agreements, engagement agreements, requests for proposal, etc.
- Provide proactive and practical advice to practice leaders and assist with general legal inquiries, prioritize pending contract requests, and efficiently advance and resolve contract issues.
- Draft and maintain template agreements and associated policies and procedures.
- Prepare guidance materials and participate in regular knowledge-sharing opportunities with the practice.
- Counsel practice leaders on legal and risk considerations in the development of new services and products.
- Assist in responding to third party subpoenas.
- Build trusted relationships with the VAS practice and within the broader Legal, Compliance and Risk Management team.
- Licensed attorney in the United States
- 4+ years corporate / transactional law and commercial contract negotiation experience, including:
- drafting or reviewing complex engagement agreements;
- identifying relevant issues, e.g., indemnification, liability limitations, disclosure, etc.;
- handling multiple concurrent negotiations; and
- managing negotiation escalation and resolution.
- In-house experience in either a professional services firm or software company preferred.
- Experience with public entity contracting preferred.
- Confidence in negotiating with sophisticated counterparties and ability to articulate and defend company positions to achieve timely, successful outcomes.
- Professional and commercial approach to problem solving and strong team ethic.
- Ability and desire to work both collaboratively and autonomously.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
- Comfort working with the Microsoft suite of tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and OneNote required; working knowledge of SharePoint and Teams preferred.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.