Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Under the guidance of the Associate General Counsel, will provide legal counsel, support and representation of the company in several areas of focus, including corporate/compliance, franchising and real estate development/hotel management agreement matters. Substantial hands on experience in one or more of the foregoing areas is required and a background in the hotel context is preferred.
Your day to day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct, supervise and manage the following in support of Association General Counsel:
- corporate and compliance matters, including corporate maintenance, inter-company transactions and regulatory compliance
- hotel development transactions, including hotel management agreements, real estate, joint ventures and financing arrangements
- hotel franchising matters, including advising on documentation, compliance and regulatory matters
- Utilize outside counsel and other external resources as appropriate to ensure the Company is represented in a cost efficient and effective manner.
- Develop strategic direction and alternatives on legal matters.
- Direct and oversee internal and external team members to ensure performance is measured and communicated, administrative matters are completed timely, internal and external budgets are developed, monitored and met, and profit and loss statements and other tracking tools are reviewed and utilized to measure monthly performance.
- Draft, negotiate and review/modify legal documents to meet Company standards/objectives.
- Counsel department or division management on relevant legal issues. Develop and maintain a good working relationship in all client areas. Assist management in evaluating the legal impact of various corporate or department strategies, determining alternatives based on business and legal considerations and the relevant environment.
- Represent and support department or division management in dealings with external parties.
- Coordinate and work with other areas of the legal department on related matters to ensure efficient resolution of issues.
- Train and educate employees on germane legal matters as preventive legal measures.
- Manage and work with outside counsel and counsel for outside parties as appropriate to ensure Company is represented fairly.
- If applicable, coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assesses, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as advisor to staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s Degree and a Juris Doctor Degree. Member of the Georgia State Bar in good standing or other state, with subsequent membership of the Georgia Bar.
At least 3 years’ progressive work-related experience in the practice of law with expertise in at least one of the areas described above.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Substantive experience in at least one of the areas described above.
- Demonstrated analytical, research, and presentation skills, with ability to speak extemporaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to draft a variety of legal documents.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, advising and developing people.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, outside counsel, vendors and other third parties, senior management and staff.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans