- Juris Doctor (J.D.) and membership in one state bar or equivalent.
- Strong transactional and technology licensing experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years of legal experience (with several experience years at a leading law firm or in-house experience).
- Must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented Corporate Counsel to support the Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) sales and marketing legal team. This Corporate Counsel will support complex transactions, serve as a trusted advisor to business leadership, and have interest in looking for ways to improve legal service delivery to a large global client base. This Corporate Counsel will primarily support transactional work with strategic customers, negotiating and drafting the terms of complex deals. This Corporate Counsel will also work with the AWS legal team to find and develop innovative solutions to scale legal support to meet a growing global sales team.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. The successful candidate will also work well within a large legal team, while also being able to work independently on transactional and project work.
- Familiar with IT infrastructure, outsourcing, telecommunications or cloud computing services.
- Strong background in technology/content licensing and the ecommerce industry.
- In-house experience at a technology or internet company.
- Coding interest and/or experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.