Refer A Friend
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements – check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s Property Management Legal Team is a dynamic, experienced team of real estate legal professionals who protect and strengthen McDonald’s real estate interests at our over 14,000+ U.S. restaurants in a fast-paced environment to ensure our restaurants are open and operating, creating feel good moments for our customers. In particular, the Property Management Legal Team:
- Defends and enforces McDonald’s rights as a property owner, landlord, or tenant in a swift, cost-effective, and brand-sensitive manner;
- Enhances restaurant performance by negotiating real estate deals or conducting due diligence to increase restaurant access and visibility, reconfigure drive-thru and site layouts, and modernize restaurants;
- Manages eminent domain matters to minimize the operational impact of “takings” on our restaurants and to ensure that just compensation is received;
- Oversees the leasing, management, and sale of McDonald’s excess property portfolio (i.e., sites without an operational restaurant where McDonald’s retains a real estate interest)
Attorneys on the Property Management Legal team are expected to:
- Have excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills to provide advice and counsel to business partners on a diverse portfolio of complex, time-sensitive commercial real estate issues;
- Draft, negotiate, and analyze leases, agreements, title and survey along with other complex legal documents;
- Devise creative, practical solutions to complex legal issues to advance business objectives while mitigating legal risk, avoiding litigation, and protecting the brand;
- Actively manage real estate-related litigation, including partnering with outside counsel to develop and execute litigation strategy;
- Think strategically to anticipate future business needs and identify existing opportunities, including by developing new practices and leading change efforts to modify existing practices as necessary;
- Be intellectually curious and adaptable to change, including adopting new technologies to drive efficiency;
- Work collaboratively on cross-functional teams within the legal department and serve as a commercial real estate subject matter expert.
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing with a state bar association.
- 3+years of commercial real estate experience from a law firm or in-house real estate position.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.