What We’ll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we’re not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
What You’ll Bring:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree with 1 to 3 years of experience as an attorney interpreting, negotiating, and drafting complex contracts and related documents.
- Strong work ethic with the demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and accomplish assignments in a timely and independent manner
- Highly responsive, excellent interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence (EQ), and service-oriented attitude
- The ability to build relationships with peers and leadership on all levels of the organization through excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- True team player; willing to jump in as needed
- Experience supporting a commercial sales team or product/solutions team, particularly in big data
- Knowledge and understanding of state insurance laws and background screening laws
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. privacy law, FCRA, GLBA, CCPA, intellectual property licensing, and technology
- Experience and understanding of fair lending laws and disparate impact
- Experience working with clients operating in regulated industries such as insurance, background screening, or financial services
Impact You’ll Make:
- Under moderate oversight of other senior legal members, provide legal assistance and guidance regarding ongoing legal and business matters for TransUnion, particularly in:
- Support of TransUnion Insurance customers in their consumer acquisition efforts including complex contracting, product/solution support, partnerships, and review of TransUnion marketing materials.
- Support of TransUnion Tenant and Employment customers primarily in complex contracting and other areas, as needed
- Supplemental support in TransUnion’s racial equity projects
- Responsibility for reviewing, negotiating, and drafting complex commercial agreements including master services agreements, product addenda, marketing and referral agreements, partnership agreements, and data licensing agreements.
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams including sales/business development, compliance, information security, information technology, operations, and product development.
- Provide proactive legal counsel to stakeholders, including TransUnion management, in support of the foregoing.
- Make impactful legal decisions and business recommendations for an innovative, dynamic, public information-services company.
- Advise internal clients on legal and business issues and the implications of alternative positions to enable informed business decisions.
- Provide advice to stakeholders regarding changes in the law, contracts, or other legal issues that may involve the company’s short or long-term strategic operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion’s Internal Job Title: