Job Description :
Indorama Integrated Oxides and Derivatives (IOD) is currently looking for a Deputy General Counsel (DGC) who will report to the Vice President and General Counsel of IOD. The IOD segment is a highly integrated petrochemical manufacturer focused on the development and production of high value-added derivatives from the ethylene and propylene chains.
The Deputy General Counsel (DGC) will report to the Vice President and General Counsel of IOD. This position will be based in our headquarters in the Woodlands, TX. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of legal support and advice needed by business clients globally, including the purchase and sale of goods, acquisition and provision of services, management of outside counsel and of certain legal department staff. The DGC will interact with all levels of management in the Company and require a thorough understanding of the Company’s values, strategy, risk management and commercial philosophies.
What will be expected from you?
- The DGC serves under the general oversight of the GC and acts in the GC’s absence with the authority of the GC.
- The DGC will serve as a leader in the IOD organization and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers and colleagues.
- The DGC will have primary responsibility for supporting the operations of the Company, including representation on a broad range of legal matters, from commercial law to transactions, to regulatory issues management, to labor and employment matters, and litigation management.
- The DGC will promote, together with the Company management, the highest ethical standards including advising on compliance with company policies.
- The DGC oversees the formulation and implementation of short-term and long-term goals for the legal department and plans to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the legal representation of the Company, subject to the general oversight of the GC.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts involving direct and indirect procurement and sale of finished goods.
- Drafting templates for use by the clients and promote standardization of legal processes.
- Assisting with M&A and other strategic transactions, from inception to integration.
- Advising HR and clients on general labor and employment matters.
- Providing appropriate training on relevant legal matters and processes and promoting the use of various legal department electronic tools.
- Liaising with other functions including procurement, tax, treasury, credit, EHS, and HR to ensure alignment with all relevant stakeholders in business transactions.
- Monitoring and advising clients on current and new legislation affecting business operations.
- Managing litigation efficiently and conducting all other legal work assigned from time to time.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15% of the time.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- An active member of the Texas bar (or of another US jurisdiction with the capability to waive into Texas within a year) in good standing.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years progressively responsible active experience in the practice of law. Experience practicing inhouse with large multinationals strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of management/supervisory experience in administering personnel and budget requirements.
- In depth knowledge of commercial law.
- Strong desire to strategically integrate regulatory requirements into business processes.
- Must be able to handle large workload while prioritizing, work independently, manage client expectations and be well organized.
- Able to diplomatically influence business processes and decisions of various groups with competing priorities and limited capacity.
- Ability to manage several projects under pressure and in compressed timelines.
- Prior exposure in labor and employment and real estate/property law a plus.
What can we offer you?
Indorama Ventures Oxides & Derivatives is a leading chemical intermediates and surfactants producer with a diverse range of products in growth markets such as home & personal care, agrochemicals, oilfield technologies, fuel & lube additives and more. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us!