Miller Law Office, PLLC
As our paralegal, you are responsible for drafting and editing estate planning, probate, and Medicaid documents as instructed by a supervising attorney. In your role as a Medicaid paralegal, you will assist in the preparation of Medicaid applications, holding clients’ hands throughout the process.
You will communicate with clients and manage the flow of matters through the process. You will be the primary interface between attorneys and the firm’s clients.
You will organize and compile documents in preparation for client meetings and finalize the delivery of completed work.
You must be organized, accurate, and efficient in using the technological resources needed to complete assigned work.
You will utilize a variety of resources and systems to gather, organize and record information.
In your role as Estate Administration paralegal, you will help ensure our clients’ estates are administered as intended. To accomplish this goal, you will work closely with clients, attorneys, bankers, CPAs, financial planners, and other professionals to build a complete picture of our client’s financial assets and will ensure those assets are properly distributed to designated beneficiaries as directed.
This position requires dealing with sensitive, confidential information as well as administrative duties related to file preparation, organization, and maintenance. You will interact and build relationships with our clients and other professionals, in person, via email, and over the telephone.
Often we are dealing with clients in some of the most difficult times of their lives, which means you will be often expected to handle them with diplomacy, tact, and understanding.
Between $45,000 – $68,000 yearly
- Gathering information from clients
- Meeting (either electronically or in-person) with clients to review/sign estate planning, estate administration, and Medicaid documents
- Contacting all open Medicaid and Probate clients on the status of their matters biweekly, and all other clients as needed
- Organizing electronic and physical files
- Coordinating hearings, client meetings, and other events as needed
- Drafting letters and legal documents using appropriate templates and forms
- Communicating with Court, Clerk, and Texas Medicaid staff
- Filing legal documents
- Preparing and filing Medicaid applications
- Assuring attorney has all needed documents for client meetings
- Backing up Client Services Coordinator as needed
- Calculating deadlines and ensure deadlines are not missed by setting calendar reminders for themselves and assigned attorneys to complete tasks and deadlines
- Maintaining forward progress on each case and reporting progress on a weekly basis during staff matter progress meetings
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or another related field
- At least 1 year of experience in estate planning, estate administration, or related field preferred
- Proven aptitude with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and grammar skills
- Typing speed of at least 50 words per minute
The Miller Law Office, located in Plano, Texas, helps clients build and protect their legacy. We are a small, growing law firm looking to add enthusiastic staff interested in helping people with their estate planning, elder law, and probate needs.