Bonezzi Switzer Polito & Hupp Co. L.P.A.
Title: Executive Administrative Assistant / Paralegal
Reports To: Attorney(s)
Provides legal support for attorney(s). Transcribes dictation, produces letters and court documents and coordinates mailings.
ESSENTIAL SECRETARIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Transcribes dictation.
- Handles administrative duties such as copying, filing, mail, travel arrangements, etc.
- Schedules all depositions and hearings.
- Drafts confirmation letters for signature by attorney(s) for meetings, telephone conferences, depositions, etc.
- Inputs billable time into firm’s accounting system for attorney(s) and paralegal(s).
- Maintains attorney(s) calendar.
- Performs scheduling.
- Processes new files from clients.
- Inputs and updates information in Legal Management.
- Processes dismissed/settled files.
- Processes vendor invoices.
- Performs docket checks, obtains probate court files, etc.
- Processes notices of deposition.
- Assists in the preparation for trial (exhibits, scheduling testimony, etc).
- Assist with special projects when required.
ESSENTIAL PARALEGAL FUNCTIONS:
- Organizes and maintains files, records and discovery documents.
- Obtains requests for medical, personal, disability, payroll and workers’ compensation records, including sending authorization requests.
- Corresponds with clients, counsel, physicians and experts to obtain discovery.
- Paralegal certificate or an Associate degree.
- At least two years’ law office experience.