XYZ is looking for an energetic, highly motivated professional to serve as General Counsel. This position will provide legal guidance and advice to the Executive Management Teams to support the continued growth of the company.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each major duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues
- Assist in drafting contracts, including confidentiality agreements, license agreements, purchase and sale agreements, and other necessary legal documents
- Review and respond to legal and compliance issues
- Coordinate with other resources to bring necessary expertise into the process
- Advise executives within the company and work alongside employees in Operations
- Advise executives on contract status, legal risks, and business terms of various deals
- Assist in the strategic expansion of the company
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates
- Develop solutions to complex legal questions
- Provide training to company and its affiliates on substantive legal topics
Must be able to practice law in the state of California
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at a US law firm and in a corporate legal department, preferably in the finance industry
- Must have excellent transactional experience (drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex agreements)
- Experience with regulatory compliance for the finance industry is highly desirable
- Must be able to work closely with the leaders of the business as well as stakeholders in the company regarding all legal matters that arise
- Management experience in dealing with outside counsel is desired
- Must have exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and able to communicate legal issues effectively to a variety of audiences
- Must have an incredibly high level of business acumen, especially as it relates to contracts and intellectual property matters.
XYZ is more than just a place to work. It’s an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside highly intelligent and motivated people in a dynamic environment. XYZ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.