Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with 440 partners, 1800 lawyers, 2500 legal professionals, and 4000 staff in over 50 offices and associated offices worldwide. The firm specializes in the sectors that move, build and power our connected world and the insurance that underpins it, including: transport, infrastructure, energy, trade & commodities and insurance. With a strong focus on developed and emerging markets, the firm has achieved compound average annual revenue growth of 15% over the last ten years, making it one of the fastest-growing law firms in the world with ambitious plans for further growth.
The Miami office of Clyde & Co seeks an Attorney with 2+ years of insurance coverage experience for our insurance coverage practice group. This thriving practice represents US and foreign insurance compagnies in complex, high value and high profile coverage litigation and market conduct (bad faith) matters throughout the United States. They focus on commercial general liability, commercial property (business interruption, pollution), errors and omissions (lawyers, agents and accountants) and directors and officers.
- Draft pleadings and briefs;
- Prepare correspondence to colleagues and clients;
- Analyze insurance policies, drafting coverage opinions and providing coverage recommendations for clients;
- Conduct legal research using Westlaw/Lexis/Nexis;
- Draft interrogatories and document demands;
- Review document collections in preparation for litigation;
- Attend depositions, hearings, and mediations as required;
- Submit filings to the court.
Education and Experience Required
- Admitted to practice in Florida, additional admissions a plus;
- Insurance coverage experience;
- Litigation experience;
- Federal court experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional legal writing and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly;
Clyde & Co shifted to virtual work for the majority of our lawyers and business services team with the global outbreak of Covid-19. This precaution was taken to help protect our people, clients and communities. It is likely that this role will start virtually while the firm continues to evaluate the situation.
– Principals Only –
It is the policy of the Firm to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law.