My Email Address
Position(s) I am Applying for
IP Trademark Paralegal
Job Summary & Objectives
Provides support to attorneys in the IP practice group on legal matters from commencement to resolution.
- Perform both foreign and domestic trademark and copyright searches as well as due diligence searches.
- Draft and file new trademark applications with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, as well as the necessary forms needed for renewals of said trademarks and the prosecution and post-registration phase.
- Work collaboratively with foreign associates on the filing and prosecution of new trademark applications and maintenance of same.
- Utilize research tools pertinent to the intellectual property practice, including IPManager, Foundation IP Corsearch and Global IP Estimator.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or paralegal certificate required.
- 1 year of IP experience ideal but not required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven and fast paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. and foreign trademark filing procedures and electronic filings ideal but not required.·
- Ability to draft and edit documents for the protection of U.S. and foreign trademarks, including but not limited to Trademark Applications, Responses to Office Actions and Instructions to Foreign Associates.
- Working knowledge of IP Manager or Foundation IP Docketing System is helpful.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and handle light lifting.