HEICO Corporation, a NYSE listed corporation focused on the aerospace, defense and electronics markets, is looking for a junior attorney for an in-house opportunity in its Miami headquarters. The attorney will work with HEICO’s legal team to assist them with mergers and acquisitions, as well as, corporate/transactional and regulatory compliance matters. The position will report directly to the General Counsel but will also work directly with the Associate General Counsel. The role also involves substantive interaction with executive officers, outside advisors and employees across all departments. Some travel possible. Competitive base compensation/bonus and a reasonable work-life balance.
- Support a variety of M&A transactions, including structuring, due diligence, negotiation and documentation through closing.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of corporate and business agreements, including distribution agreements, supply agreements, employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, operating agreements, vendor agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Provide practical and timely legal advice and support across HEICO’s corporate departments and various business units on a broad range of legal and regulatory matters.
- Assist with the management of outside counsel when/if relevant.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legal principles, practices and trends.
- Corporate governance matters.
- Coordinate the improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes, including templates and supporting a contract management system.
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- Member of Florida or other state bar in good standing
- Minimum of 2 years of corporate/transactional experience in a law firm or corporate legal department required
- Excellent written, oral, listening, and organizational skills with proven ability to interact effectively with varied audiences, including executive team members
- Exercise discretion/confidentiality and demonstrate sound business judgment when performing assigned duties
- Strong working knowledge and capability in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
HEICO is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all job applications without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.