AM Smith Law Firm, LLC
AM Smith Law Firm, LLC
AM Smith Law Firm is seeking to add a legal assistant to our team. Our small law firm is growing, and we are anxious to bring someone into our team that wants to learn more about the law and develop their legal skills.
We are committed to ensuring injured people are not taken advantage of by insurance companies. We represent clients in motor vehicle collisions, premises liability accidents, product liability claims, negligent security matters, and dog bites.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with new and current clients and business partners through a variety of means including in-person, telephone, and email.
- Assisting with new client intake from initial contact through sign-up and conversion.
- Requesting, reviewing, and summarizing medical evidence, client/witness statements, and various transcript documents.
- Maintain and organize electronic case files and client files housed on case management software.
- Drafting settlement demand letters, create settlement packages, work with insurance adjusters and medical providers, accompany attorneys to court and depositions, and generally do anything else needed to facilitate a working team environment.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent client service skills with an engaging personality that helps promote our law firm’s brand to new or current clients, as well as other parties we may engage.
- An exceptional pairing of time management and attention to detail to ensure that work is done quickly and accurately.
- Must be proficient in professional computer applications such as Word and Excel, as well as possess moderately proficient general computer skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A general interest in advancing their career within the legal field.
- Monday – Thursday in office
- Remote work optional based on workload
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Temporary, Internship
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
AM Smith Law Firm encourages employees to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. We also permit employees to work from home on Friday to minimize contact in the office.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19