Arnold & Itkin LLP is a personal injury firm known nationwide for winning record-setting results against some of the largest corporate giants. We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated Legal Assistants/Secretaries to join our growing team.
This position requires a professional, organized self-starter with 3+ years as a litigation legal secretary with good tenure. A proactive work ethic, the ability to anticipate needs, strong decision making skills, attention to detail, a flexible schedule and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging legal environment are a must. Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work collaboratively as a team are also required. On a day-to-day basis, works primarily under the direction of an assigned group of Attorneys and/or other team members to most effectively and efficiently meet Firm/client needs. This includes managing busy calendars and constantly evolving schedules, coordinating travel arrangements, meetings and events. Familiarity with e-filing in state and federal courts, docketing deadlines, and trial preparation are also required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and revise a wide variety of documents, including correspondence, memoranda, and legal materials. Responsible for proofreading and correctly formatting all materials.
- Schedule depositions and prepare hearing notebooks. Assist in trial preparation as needed. Process expense reports. Receive, place, and screen telephone calls as required. Schedule conference calls, coordinate and schedule travel.
- Provide assistance to other Legal Secretaries within assigned teams whenever necessary to meet Firm and client needs. Organize and prioritize workload so as to most efficiently enable and facilitate team effort to accomplish Firm and client goals.
- Exhibit professionalism by recognizing and adhering to all Firm policies, including attendance guidelines, dress code, security measures, and confidentiality requirements.
- The ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work core business hours with flexibility for overtime as needed. Must have 5+ years of recent secretarial experience. Advanced proficiency in MS Word and formatting documents with a minimum typing speed of 55+ words per minute. Must have high school diploma or equivalent.