Dennett Winspear LLP has an opening for an experienced legal secretary to work in our Las Vegas office for two attorneys with a busy litigation practice. Qualified candidate must be detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and manage deadlines. Should be able to able to prioritize and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision. Candidate must also have professional telephone skills.
Responsibilities will include office duties as well as processing mail, preparing documents for service and/or filing with Federal and State Courts, scheduling depositions, preparing client correspondence, preparing pleadings and discovery, and e-filing.
- 4-6 years of previous legal secretary work;
- Ability to type 65+ wpm;
- Ability to effectively communicate both in oral and in written form;
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, address immediate concerns and manage expectations;
- Excellent word processing skills utilizing Microsoft Word, iManage, and Excel;
- Experience with e-filings with state and federal courts;
- Basic knowledge of legal terminology;
- Experience in civil litigation preferred, including trial preparation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Paralegals & Legal Assistants: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location