Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis P.C.’s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law intersects business. We help employers develop proactive strategies, strong policies and business-oriented solutions to cultivate high-functioning workforces that are engaged, stable and diverse, and share our clients’ goals to emphasize inclusivity and respect for the contribution of every employee.
The Firm is ranked in the First Tier nationally in the category of Labor and Employment Litigation, as well as in both Employment Law and Labor Law on behalf of Management, in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”.
In this role, the legal secretary will work with a dynamic team including multiple attorneys providing a full range of support including, but not limited to, preparation/revision of correspondence, pleadings and documents; maintenance of documents in electronic format; completion of expense reports; calendar maintenance, and other legal tasks as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain electronic case files and update as needed following set protocols for search ease.
- Assist with preparation/revision of correspondence, pleadings, discovery submissions, arbitration/mediation documents in agency, state and federal matters.
- Assist with preparation of administrative filings/exhibits in agency matters.
- Assist with preparation of exhibits for submission in a variety of matters.
- Maintain and review attorney calendars to assist attorneys with filing deadlines, etc.
- Complete monthly expense reports for assigned attorneys.
- Assist attorneys with monthly client invoicing in conjunction with our billing department.
- Monitor CLE needs of supported attorneys and assist with bar admissions, etc as needed.
- Book and organize travel arrangements including flights, hotels, transportation, make changes to reservations as needed through firm’s travel agency.
- Prepare notebooks and proofreading of documents.
- Run conflict checks and open new client engagements in conjunction with our new business team.
- Continued knowledge and basic status of current cases and projects of assigned attorneys.
- Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential, time-sensitive material.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- 3 years minimum legal experience, preferably in employment law.
- Solid understanding of basic technical legal terminology.
- Solid experience working in ECF and Colorado state e-filing systems.
- Solid experience in working with document database system (Netdocs or similar).
- Proficiency in Windows environment including Word and Outlook.
- Familiarity with state and federal rules and procedures, general legal procedures.
- Familiarity with billing software (InTapp or similar) and expense reporting software (Concur or similar) a strong plus.
- Experience supporting 4 plus active attorneys at one time a strong plus.
- Experienced with trial preparation a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent proofreading skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining quality work product and timely respond to deadlines as well as ability to balance workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a busy litigation team environment and communicate with colleagues and attorneys on every level.
- Reliable with punctuality and attendance.
- Associate Degree or 4-year college degree preferred, or relevant experience considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity (M/F/V/D) employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Jackson Lewis understands that embracing our differences makes us a stronger, better firm. We appreciate the importance of having a workforce that reflects the various communities in which we work, and we strive to create an inclusive environment where diverse employees want to work and where they can flourish professionally. In furtherance of our culture, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location