Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com
Accelerate your career and join Okta as our first litigation and employment law paralegal! Our litigation and employment law team is growing to scale with the business, and we are looking for a collaborative, innovative, flexible and organized paralegal to help us scale the function. The right candidate will be a collaborative team player and creative solutions seeker who can focus, prioritize, and operate nimbly in a fast-paced environment, managing a variety of legal support projects. A willingness to be flexible on the type of tasks that may cross your desk is important – we are a small but growing team and we all roll our sleeves up to support the business and each other. Your role will report to the VP, Global Litigation and Employment Law, providing paralegal and program management support to the VP and Director of Global Employment Law, and new attorneys who join our function in the future. You will also have the opportunity to take on new and varied roles as we continue to scale and grow.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a repository of legal documents such as demand letters and responses, separation agreements, subpoenas and various templates.
- Perform basic legal tasks (drafting, research, etc.) and conduct first level of review on certain documents as instructed/needed, including for example employment agreements and policies.
- Assist in handling civil third-party subpoenas, including speaking to relevant custodians and preparing documents for production.
- Work with in-house and external counsel to conduct fact-finding investigations to gather information, documents and data in response to discovery requests.
- Oversee and maintain existing legal holds as well as draft new legal holds (assess what document types are potentially relevant to the matter and determine which business units and custodians hold such documents).
- Work with legal operations and business technology teams to assist in selecting eDiscovery and document review platforms, and collecting and reviewing data through such platforms.
- Work with outside counsel to create legal matter budgets and coordinate with legal operations to track the same.
- Track and manage critical litigation and other deadlines.
- Help with the development and implementation of processes for efficient and streamlined operations, including work flow between the Legal Team and other teams.
- Project manage and assist with various ad hoc legal projects and provide broad legal support to the Litigation and Employment Law team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of paralegal experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction and supervision independently as well as in a team environment in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Practical knowledge of civil litigation, including issues pertaining to civil procedure, discovery, document production, confidentiality, privilege, motion practice.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Ability to confidentially handle sensitive matters.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle high stress situations in a professional, business-like manner.
- Corporate in-house experience is a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.