KNR Consulting Corp
The Litigation Paralegal position is responsible for investigating and researching facts and preparing documents to assist and support their assigned attorney. Responsibilities include accurate management of cases and timely communication with clients and attorneys.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES*:
o Obtain, review, and organize medical records
o Insurance coverage investigation
o Prepare, calculate, and maintain damage summaries including medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage
o Log daily mail
o Prepare and forward medical records to insurance carriers
o Draft correspondence necessary for case management
o Balance verifications and assist with subrogation lien resolution
o Prepare check requests, maintain check records, and mail checks
o Assist attorney with settlement documentation and disbursements
o Prepare disbursement summaries
- Consistent and regular communication with clients regarding case status
- Weekly reports
- Monthly team meetings
- Provide support for other team members in their absence
- Meet/exceed goals
- Regular, consistent, punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Up to 5 years relevant work experience required
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree
- Prefer paralegal certificate
Highly proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
Legal practices and procedures.
Business practices. Standard clerical and general office administration procedures. High command of English grammar, usage, punctuation, and spelling. Use of computers and related software applications. Research procedures. Procedures for preparing legal documentation.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Exposure to computer screens and low level of noise.