- Establishes and maintains case and issue files.
- Manage pro se correspondence/filings including research and drafting responses.
- Supports the Court Administrator, Chief Staff Attorney and Staff Attorney.
- Reviews legal/court documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Provides administrative reports and recommendations for new/revised operating policies/procedures.
- Assists legal staff in gathering information, reviewing applicable statutes and various other legal filings.
- Reviews state and federal codes, laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance of legal actions/processes.
- Complete other assigned job duties not specifically listed.
Additional Posting Information
- Please do not submit copies of evaluations, letters of reference, training certificates, or college transcripts unless requested.
- If supplemental information is requested by the posting, be sure to include it when you submit your application prior to the closing date.
- Applications or additional information will not be accepted after the closing date.
- Resumes will not be accepted unless accompanied by the application.
Conditions of Hire
- The Delaware Judicial Branch takes its responsibilities for ensuring a safe workplace while providing an essential public service for those who are required to come into the courthouse seriously. In order to protect the health and safety of its employees and the public, all new hires will need to provide to Human Resources proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 within 30 days of their hire date.
- A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
- Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of employment.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit the website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at Delaware State Jobs.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.