This is an entry level position, responsible for the fundamental duties of an Immigration Paralegal. This position will require overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, manage and monitor a wide variety of business-based nonimmigrant petitions (H-1B, H-3, TN, E, J-1, L-1 and O-1)
- Oversee a variety of business based immigrant matters from initiation through approval including PERM Labor Certification, I-140, EB-1, etc.
- Assist with application and obtaining work visas with U.S. consular offices abroad
- Work closely with clients, their employees and families to provide comprehensive immigration service through the entire application process, including responses to applications, requests for evidence, interviews and compliance
- Compile and maintain records of immigration forms, other documentation and records of activity on behalf of corporate clients’ employees
- Review immigration regulations and be able to apply them to various case scenarios;
- Perform research using all available immigration research tools including government agencies’ websites
- Other tasks as requested/assigned by an attorney or team member.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS with strong academic credentials
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Minimum of 1-3 years of law firm experience or equivalent combined education and experience
- Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved school
- Proficient using technology
Other Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the above, the following are required of the successful candidate:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Good judgment.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the role.
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion.
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.