Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it.
You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all, including the same team behind Livongo, a digital health company that exited for $18.5B in 2020. We closed on our Series B funding in June 2021, raising our total funding to $98 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
What we look for in our teammates
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
What we look for in this role
In this role you will…
- Using templates, draft new contracts, NDAs, BAAs, Amendments, and similar agreements.
- Obtain any required approvals for changes to MCG templates
- Review and edits Requests for Proposals (RFPs), if requested
- Review miscellaneous letters and/or contractual documents
- Create and maintain meta-data (tagging) in existing and new Agreements.
- Act as contact for all functional areas to ensure all legal terms and conditions, and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
- Develop, implement, and enforce contract management processes (Docusign’s Contract Management software) for request, execution, filing and reporting of contracts
- Educate others on core contract management processes for the generation, effective execution and compliance of contracts
- Make decisions within area of influence/responsibility, exercising independent
- Assist with compliance activities including reporting
- Maintain and provide reporting on key legal processes and documents
- Assist with corporate governance items as needed
- Legal research on a variety of issues related to healthcare or corporate governance
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree required. Paralegal certification (or equivalent) or JD is a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience contracts experience
- Biotech, pharmaceutical, healthcare or life science experience is preferred
- Familiarity with data privacy and security laws
- Familiarity with HIPAA laws
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of organization
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative beyond direct responsibilities
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- Must have discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates professional and positive demeanor and is perceived as highly competent
- Ability to complete work in a timely and thorough manner with minimal rework
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage numerous projects
- High proficiency with computer systems and programs such as Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Docusign.