Solo practitioner specializing in appellate law in Old Town Pasadena is seeking a part-time paralegal.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Document management * Preparing and editing documents for filing in state and federal courts at all levels * Drafting correspondence and motions * Creating casts, chronologies, and transcript summaries * Compiling excerpts of record and exhibits * Assisting with the daily operations of the firm, such as filing, ordering supplies, creating invoices, etc.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program * Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills * Strong computer skills and attention to detail * Able to multitask, prioritize, and work independently with little or no supervision * Experience working in a legal environment preferred * Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Excel, WordPerfect, and CaseMap preferred, but the right person can be trained.
Please do not apply unless you are interested in a long-term, part-time position. Hours are flexible but typically 15-20 hours a week. Compensation: DOE.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and disposable masks will be available on site.
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paralegal: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19