Our Columbus office has an excellent opportunity for a Paralegal to support our Litigation group. This position would be responsible for researching law, investigating facts, and preparing documents to assist the attorneys. Additional duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Assists with the preparation of legal documents such as complaints and answers, motions, discovery requests and responses, affidavits, subpoenas and settlement documents for review, approval, and use by attorney.
- Coordinates document production including summarizing documents, attending productions, reviewing documents and arranging for copying.
- Assists with depositions including preparing notices and subpoenas duces tecum and arranging for court reporter. Indexes and summarizes depositions and deposition exhibits. Prepares and organizes materials for depositions.
- Assists with brief preparation including cite checking, shepardizing, proofing, quotation verification and compilation of appendices and addendums.
- Assists with trial preparation including preparing exhibits, notebooks, checklists and witness files. Coordinates the schedules of witnesses and experts.
- Attends trials and acts as liaison with outside vendors for the preparation of charts, graphs, etc. Maintains and organizes trial exhibits and documents at court and arranges for transportation.
- Investigates facts of case and prepares summaries and memos concerning the data.
- Organizes and maintains document form and client files.
- Database case management including developing information retrieval systems.
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as cases, statutes, legal articles, regulations and public records.
- Four year college or university program degree
- Paralegal Certificate
- 5+ years of litigation experience, in a law firm setting
Please send resume to Whitney O’Malley, Human Resources Manager, Columbus office, at email@example.com.