Under the direction of Real Estate lawyers, this position will assist attorneys in rendering legal services in the area of commercial real estate and acquisitions, real estate finance, leasing, and real estate development.
- Provides various coordination efforts with respect to the documentation and closing of real estate transactions, including sales, purchases, leases, and mortgage financing
- Reviews title commitments, title documents and surveys
- Creates, composes, and edits written material such as transaction documents, correspondence and/or legal documentation
- Conducts due diligence
- Ensures all pre-closing preparation, and post-closing follow up is properly completed in a timely manner
- Creates, composes, and edits written material such as transaction documents, closing documents, loan documents, correspondence and/or other legal documentation
- Performs legal research, which may include retrieval of statutes and regulations
- Performs electronic research using Westlaw, Lexis and Internet
- Records documents with the various Recorder’s offices
- Drafts documents and correspondence
- Corresponds with clients and organizations, in writing, by telephone or electronic communications, as directed by the supervising attorney
- Enters time and descriptions into DTE and releases it on a daily basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Job Specifications/Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office programs
- Proven ability to handle all support aspects of a commercial real estate transaction including, title/survey review, due diligence, document drafting, and closing/post-closing procedures
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and maintain organized files for voluminous transactions
- Proven analytical and organizational skills and ability to pay very close attention to detail in an efficient manner
- Ability to organize data, both hardcopy and electronic, for easy filing and retrievability
- Ability to deal professionally and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with internal and external clients on all levels
- Proven ability to problem solve, think independently and tackle projects with minimal supervision while maintaining timely and efficient organization
- This position is in a critical needs area and may need to arrive early, stay late or work weekends with little or no notice
- Requires the ability to regularly report to work on the days and times scheduled.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible, handle pressure and adapt to changing work priorities, work flow and work assignments
- Ability to regularly report to work on the days and times scheduled
No travel is required for this position.
- Two (2) of the following are required: Four (4) year college degree, Paralegal Certificate and/or two (2) years previous Paralegal experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in the area of commercial real estate law, preferably at a law firm
BCLP offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, life insurance, and retirement plans. We also provide eligible employees flexible time off plans including paid Parental leave, Paid Time Off (PTO), and paid holidays.
The salary range for this position is $73,000 to $109,000.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer