Hupy and Abraham S.C., a personal injury law firm headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, is looking for a motivated Workers’ Compensation Paralegal for our West Des Moines, IA office.
A career at Hupy and Abraham, S.C. is very rewarding, helping injured clients navigate through the complicated insurance and litigation process to get what they deserve. You may have seen one or two of our commercials with William Shatner from “Star Trek” and “Boston Legal.” Does “Voted Best, Rated Best”, “Largest Personal Injury Law Firm in the Midwest” and “Tell Them You Mean Business” sound familiar? We are more than just slogans. We are the top-rated personal injury firm in the Midwest who has a large support staff that cares about our clients who we serve.
Our Worker’s Compensation Paralegal is responsible for handling the workers’ compensation files from beginning to end in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Open new client files and send letters of representation to third party liability carrier(s)
- Request and review medical records & bills to obtain details of medical treatment from accident or loss.
- Work with health care providers to ensure that medical bills are being billed to workers’ compensation insurance carrier
- Update insurance companies and subrogation providers on status of claims.
- Act as the clients “go to” person for questions regarding medical treatment, bills etc. while maintaining positive relations with clients through regular communication
- Prepare, file and serve all pleadings and other court documents for files in litigation
- Review pleadings and other documents filed by opposing counsel and other parties for files in litigation
- Prepare and coordinate discovery requests and responses
- Schedule depositions, mediations, expert witness testimony, etc. . .
- Keep managing attorney(s) informed of all developments and actions taken in a case
- Manage and coordinate schedule and deadlines for all cases assigned to managing attorney
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies or a Paralegal Certificate or 3-5 years of experience in workers’ compensation, personal injury and/or insurance defense litigation.
- High level of knowledge regarding key legal concepts
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills
- Innovative problem resolution and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced/dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer experience should include knowledge of Outlook and Word
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for Holidays, Vacation, & Personal Time
Hupy and Abraham, S.C. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our hiring process, we perform pre-employment background checks.