Pender & Coward A Professional
The Pre-Closer Legal Assistant will have a basic knowledge of procedures in pre-closing residential real estate transactions and assist with pre-closing functions for a high-volume real estate practice.
- Act as a liaison between clients and the attorneys by maintaining communications via email, telephone and in person.
- Client follow-up regarding status of cases, appointments, billing, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of new files for real estate closings, including proper completion of transaction specific documents, reviewing contracts, note pending items and follow up on files to track required preliminary documents
- Assist closers as needed in the preliminary phase of processing, including proper file indexing of documents and emails.
- Analyze title documents, coordinate with agents or clients on files to obtain requirements for preliminary submission to lender or assistance in preparation of settlement statements.
- Gather information from all parties in the transaction (i.e. buyers, sellers, other title company/law firm).
- Schedule clients for closings.
- Communicate with clients, realtors, and lenders daily.
- Assist Closers to track and clear title issues for each transaction.
- Gather documents for closings and create files for Closer to complete the reparation of the settlement.
- Perform a variety of other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Able to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability and team player mentality.
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion, adapt to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
Education and Experience:
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Microsoft Office application proficiency preferred
- Some Real Estate related experience preferred
- Able to sit at a desk and work at a computer for prolonged periods.
- Able to type at a level of 45 WPM or faster.
- Able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Job Type and location:
- Hourly, full-time
- Virginia Beach, Virginia (remote work not an option).
- Pay is commensurate with experience, with a starting hourly rate of $16.00.