Requisition ID: 10333
Senior Corporate Counsel
As the parent company of industry-leading specialty vehicle brands, REV Group connects and protects communities around the clock and around the world with a lineup of vehicles that have long served the fire and emergency, commercial infrastructure and consumer leisure markets. Together, these vehicle brands have manufactured more than 300,000+ vehicles in service today — a bumper-to-bumper feat that stretches from New York City to Dallas. Among REV’s lineup of brands, you’ll find vehicles that help fight fires, transport patients to emergency rooms, move freight in the world’s ports, offer mobility to people with disabilities, carry children safely from home to school and unite families across the country.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Senior Corporate Counsel will serve as in-house counsel providing a broad range of business advice and legal counsel. Areas of law include contracts, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, distribution and franchise, and international commercial law. Responsible for providing guidance to all levels of employee and leadership in the organization.
- Provides legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities
- Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts
- Advising supply chain and materials management functions on various commercial and legal matters
- Manages the company’s legal needs for real estate transactions and matters
- Supports the company’s M&A activity, including advising, negotiating, drafting and due diligence,
- Manages the protection and enforcement of legal rights in respect of Company assets, including development of related documentation and filings
- Acts as a legal resource to various internal departments as needed
- Prepares and files government reports
- Guides managers on regulatory and compliance matters
- Provides relevant training to employees in the business
- Provides supervision to outside lawyers hired to assist the corporation with their specialized legal services
- Leads legal department projects, including new technology platforms
- Performs legal research as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements (education, experience, travel, physical, work environment):
- Juris Doctorate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- Minimum eight years of experience as an attorney, prefer at least two years of experience in corporate setting
- Track record in interacting confidently and credibly with business leaders
- Excellent communication and influence skills
- Strong legal experience in commercial and corporate matters
- Ability to flex and pivot in a changing environment
- Experience managing external legal counsel
- Detail-oriented, organized, responsive to client needs, work under deadlines
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking capabilities
- Solid computer skills and experience with specific software related to the legal function
- Some travel is anticipated
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the “CCPA”), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the link for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.