Aon is looking for a Senior Privacy Counsel
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Law team.
Your impact as a Senior Privacy Counsel
Reporting to Aon’s Global Privacy Office, Senior Privacy Counsel is responsible for supporting privacy advisory matters, including review and negotiation of privacy agreements and data protection terms, advising on privacy impact assessments for new and innovative uses of data, and advising Aon’s business on risks related to privacy, including through incident response. The person in this role will provide practical advice to Aon’s United States business and shared services leaders on privacy and data protection risks.
The Senior Privacy Counsel will work within the Global Privacy Office and should be passionate about privacy. The person in this role will be comfortable with counseling business partners, negotiating directly with clients and suppliers, advising on incident response matters, and navigating a complex organization with broad services related to risk, retirement, health, reinsurance, and data and analytics. The job entails getting deeply involved with ensuring that Aon’s business operations are designed, built and maintained in a way that complies with applicable data privacy obligations in their region.
- Work with commercial teams to ensure client contracts and agreements with third party vendors comply with all relevant privacy laws.
- Draft, review, and negotiate privacy and data protection language for Aon’s client, supplier, and third party agreements.
- Work collaboratively within the OneTrust system to review initiatives for compliance with privacy laws, conduct privacy impact assessments and develop solutions that address privacy risks.
- Advise on data privacy incidents; provide legal counsel on notification obligations, best practices for communication. Manage regulatory interactions.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with members of the business and work proactively with them to identify, mitigate and address privacy risks.
- Help support projects designed to maintain awareness throughout the organization of Aon’s approach to privacy and commitment to its privacy obligations globally.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments. Analyze existing and new legislative and regulatory developments to ensure that Aon understands and remains compliant with evolving requirements.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 7+ years relevant experience with a focus in privacy and data protection law and regulation, especially HIPAA, CCPA, and GDPR.
- CIPP certified, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements, especially privacy and data protection provisions and addendums
- Experience working with OneTrust preferred
- Experience with interpreting privacy law and implementing privacy programs
- You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to learn quickly, identify and resolve legal and business issues, drive projects and earn the confidence of the partners you work with
- You can work independently but also like to be part of a diverse team
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.