- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
If you’re interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
We are looking to hire an attorney to work in the North America Lending/Credit Trading Group providing general and transactional legal advice to businesses within the Corporate and Investment Bank on a range of credit products. Responsibilities include, (i) advising and working with outside counsel on the documentation for large syndicated credit facilities, (ii) structuring, documenting and negotiating secured and unsecured bilateral and club-deal credit facilities and other credit products, including reimbursement agreements for letters of credit and participation agreements, (iii) advising on regulatory and policy matters and (iv) coordinating and managing outside counsel. Requires strong drafting and negotiating skills and business judgment.
- Consideration may be given for alternative city locations for internal candidates only. Please direct all location inquiries to the listed recruiter so they may review your request with the hiring manager.
- Law Degree/Juris Doctorate-required
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
- At least 5 years in a law practice or corporate law department
- Strong background in secured lending and syndicated leveraged finance, including up to date working knowledge of UCC Articles 8 and 9
- Experience in trade finance, U.S. bankruptcy/debtor-creditor and securities laws and major bank regulatory provisions such as Regulation W, Regulation U and bank anti-tying rules – preferable.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans