- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions.
There is an open position for an experienced litigator to support the Wholesale & Corporate Litigation Group.
Consumer & Community Banking Legal (CCB) – Under the Office of the General Counsel of Consumer & Community Banking (“CCB”), the CCB legal teams provide dedicated strategic and transactional legal support for the various CCB businesses. The legal teams are organized into sub-LOB oriented groups and groups with a horizontal focus, including CCB Regulatory Operations Controls (“ROC”). The Consumer & Community Banking Operations Legal Team (“CCBOLT”) Team is a division within ROC providing support for various cross LOB legal topics. The CCB Executive Office & Root Cause Legal Team operates within CCBOLT.
CCB Executive Office & Root Cause Legal Team (“EORC Legal”) – The EORC Legal Team provides centralized legal support for escalated customer complaints to the Executive Offices within Auto, Card Services, Consumer Banking, Business Banking and Home Lending. EORC Legal also supports the Enhanced Root Cause function. Members of EORC Legal play a key role in the keeping pace with a complex and ever-changing legal environment. The successful candidate will be part of the team driving execution of the core mission of EORC Legal by responding to regulatory inquiries, mitigating media and litigation threats and creating lasting resolutions for escalated customer complaints with a unique focus on the customer experience. He or she will also advise the client on how to resolve escalations through sensitivity, keen judgment, leadership, guidance, education and communication. The environment is fast paced, often requiring that issues be addressed promptly.
- Identify, analyze, escalate and solve issues raised in a broad variety of matters;
- Assist in the investigation and response to any customer complaint from regulators, state attorneys general, and other governmental agencies or offices;
- Advise the business as to the risk of those customer complaints raised by state and federal regulators and to handle communications with state attorneys general offices, where necessary;
- Work closely with colleagues in other lines of business or control areas to ensure comprehensive and effective legal and compliance support and issue identification and resolution for CCB;
- Escalate and refer matters, as warranted, to conduct root cause analysis of customer complaints;
- Develop cross-consumer product subject matter expertise;
- Develop and provide customer complaint trending and reporting for the businesses, legal and senior management on the progress and milestones of the customer complaint review process; and
- Support special projects as needed to support team goals.
- J.D. degree from accredited law school required and at least 5 years’ experience working with legislation or regulation of financial services or other highly regulated industry.
- Must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- Strong management, organization, communication and time-management skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with team members, peers and senior management.
- Creative problem solver, adaptive to change and attentive to details.
- Ability to digest complex materials across a broad range of areas.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
Preferred Skills :
- Prior experience in financial services regulation, particularly regarding federal and state regulation of consumer financial products.
- Working knowledge of key consumer laws, such as FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, TILA, and ECOA.
- Prior experience working with business areas such as Compliance, Controls and Risk Management.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
The preferred location for this position is Columbus, OH.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans