We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
About the Legal Department
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides legal services and advice to the Firm globally. Legal is responsible for, among other things:
- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
Job Title: Legal- Assistant General Counsel- Trading Lawyer (AVP or VP)
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Private Bank Investment Solutions Legal team to support legal coverage of the Investment Solutions Trading organization, which executes trades across all asset classes (including cash products, OTC derivatives and structured products) with and on behalf of clients of the Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Advisors, and Chase Wealth Management lines of business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- reviewing and answering day-to-day trading questions on Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act, Commodities Exchange Act and FINRA rules issues.
- reviewing trade documentation (e.g., structured product term sheets and program documentation).
- responses to market developments and internal inquiries.
- longer-term regulatory implementation projects (e.g., implementation of SEC security-based swap dealer regulations) and business initiatives.
- miscellaneous legal support w/r to trading functions (e.g., negotiating contracts with trading service providers).
- coordinating with a wide range of internal and external lawyers (including Private Bank lawyers outside the US) and control partners (particularly Compliance, Supervisory Management, Risk, and Controls).
In addition to the requisite legal credentials and experience, candidates should possess:
- Excellent academic record (transcript required).
- Familiarity with at least one body of US product/trading regulation (e.g., the 33/34 Acts; FINRA broker-dealer rules; CFTC/SEC rules under Title VII of Dodd-Frank) is strongly preferred, but familiarity with the full range of products and regimes is not assumed.
- Key skills include issue-spotting; the ability to quickly research (and leverage internal/external resources) to distil practical take-aways; and the ability to deliver clear and concise advice in response to time sensitive questions, including excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills (writing sample will be requested as part of process).
- Must be willing to learn new areas of the law.
- Must be committed to practicing in and fostering a diverse, inclusive, supportive and respectful work environment.
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction.
All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment. JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must follow all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment. This is a wonderful opportunity for attorneys with a capital markets or corporate finance background to both broaden and deepen their practice.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans